Green Metals UK Ltd is a scrap and waste subsidiary of Toyota Tsusho UK providing full waste solutions to a variety of customers. See full case study below;
Plastic Waste Reduction and Recycling.
Magna Exteriors and Interiors is a full-service global supplier of exterior and interior systems. They design, engineer and manufacture front- and rear-end fascia systems; structural components; sidewall and trim systems; cockpit systems; cargo management systems; overhead systems; and carpet and load-space systems for automotive, commercial truck, consumer and industrial markets.
Magna was recycling less than 20% of the waste produced from daily operations. The remaining 80% was being loaded directly into a compactor destined for landfill. As a result:
Green Metals UK Solution
Green Metals carried out a full audit of all waste streams produced in the Magna production area. From the results we implemented a solution that allowed waste stream separation, cost reduction and a great increase in revenue for recyclables. We also provided an on-site staff member to train Magna during implementation. Finally we introduced a monthly Key Performance Indicator (KPI) showing waste stream volumes, logistics movements, consumables usage, and clear visualisation of costs verses income from the process.
Power Point Presentation Download; recycling.ppt